Chicken Spinach Pomegranate Salad
LOW CARB • HIGH PROTEIN
Treat yourself to this lavish salad, rich in colourful ingredients including calcium-packed spinach for strengthening your bones and lean, marinated chicken to pump up your protein intake!
Yield: 3 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6oz baby spinach
- 4 chicken breasts
- Handful of pomegranate arils
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients and generously coat the chicken on both sides. Leave it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, but longer if you can.
- Place a ridged grill pan on medium-high heat and grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, turning once, until cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, combine the spinach, pomegranate arils, red onion and avocado in a big salad bowl.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer to a chopping board, slice and mix in with the salad.
- In a separate bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
Recipe by: Filmore & Union
SHARE THIS RECIPE!