Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar
LOW CARB • HIGH PROTEIN• PALEO
Reward yourself after a challenging winter workout by chowing down on one of these good-for-you protein bars. With 6 grams of protein each, they will put those holiday cookies (and store-bought protein bars) to shame!
Yield: 12 servings
Cook Time: 40min
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup organic brown rice crisps cereal
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon non-dairy chocolate chips
- Line a 9×5” loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place rolled oats in food processor and pulse until oats are a flour consistency.
- In a medium bowl, mix processed rolled oats with quick oats, protein powder, and cereal.
- In a small pan over medium heat, stir honey and peanut butter until melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour peanut butter mixture over oats. Stir well.
- Using hands, press mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- In microwave, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute, and then 30-second intervals stirring in between, until fully melted. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over bars.
- Let cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing into 12 bars.
Recipe by Emily Miller
SHARE THIS RECIPE!