Egg White Frittata
LOW CARB • HIGH PROTEIN
Classic Mediterranean ingredients like peppers, onion, and spinach bring texture, flavor, and nutrition to the dish, while egg whites and feta provide over 20 grams of protein. This low-calorie frittata is quick enough to come together on a weekday morning but elegant enough to serve to friends at a special weekend brunch!
Yeilds: 2 servings
Cook Time: 15min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 egg whites (either separated or in a carton)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a heavy skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium-low heat.
- Saute onions and peppers until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with feta and spinach.
- Put skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes. (If you use whole eggs instead of egg whites, bake at 400°F.)
- Loosen the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula, and then invert onto a plate.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!