Fried Egg with Sauteed Vegetables
LOW CARB • PALEO • HIGH PROTEIN
With a little effort, a handful of ingredients, and less than 30 minutes, you can have this nutrient-rich meal on the table that's quick, light, and so satisfying!
Cook Time: 30 min
For the roasted veggies:
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
For the fried egg:
- canola spray or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 eggs
- pinch of paprika (optional)
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and broccoli florets in extra-virgin olive oil. Then add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Spread out your veggies on a baking sheet, and give all the florets a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan.
- Once your veggies have roasted for 10 to 12 minutes, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and give it a good spray of canola oil. Crack your egg in the skillet, and cook for about three minutes until the yolk is slightly set.
- Remove your veggies from the oven, and slide them into a shallow plate or bowl.
- Flip your egg, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to a minute. Keep the cook time shorter if you like a runny egg!
- Carefully slide your cooked egg on top of your veggies, sprinkle with paprika, and eat up!
SHARE THIS RECIPE!