Grilled Chicken Salad
LOW CARB • HIGH PROTEIN• PALEO
Smoky charred chicken combined with juicy tomatoes and herbs in a salad that's fresh and hearty. Grilling the chicken ahead of time makes it even easier to put together!
Yield: 7 servings
Cook Time: 1h 35min
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 or 4 lemons), divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic (4 cloves), divided
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- mixed greens of your choice
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Whisk together 1/4 cup oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Pour over chicken, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or set up grill for indirect heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and grill chicken, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, 15 to 20 minutes for drumsticks and 20 to 25 minutes for breasts.
- Let cool, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, cut chicken breasts into thick slices.
- Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup oil, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon garlic, mustard, salt, and chopped mint in a medium bowl.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter. Toss chicken in dressing, and arrange on salad. Pour remaining dressing over salad.
- Garnish with feta cheese if desired.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!