Salmon and Chickpea Salad
LOW CARB • HIGH PROTEIN • PALEO
A summery chickpea salad with plenty of fresh vegetables and salmon.
Yield: 6 servings
Cook Time: 1hr 15min
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 pint tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (or more, to taste) of olive oil
- juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (or more, to taste) red vine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cans salmon, drained
- Finely mince and chop your celery, shallots, garlic, bell peppers, tomatoes and cucumber, and add them to a large bowl with your chickpeas. Toss together with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, red vine vinegar, salt, dill, black pepper, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Drain your cans of salmon and add them to the bowl. Toss to combine. Allow the salad to sit for an hour or so in the refrigerator, taste, adjust seasonings as needed, and serve. This will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
SHARE THIS RECIPE!